Monday, August 16, 2010

avery's new nickname: katniss

it seems i'm always behind in reading popular books. i think i read most of the harry potter books in one summer and then had to wait till i got home from my mission to read the 7th book. the twilight series was no exception. i read them after i saw the first movie.

and just recently i finished the first two books in the hunger games trilogy. now i can't wait for the third book to come out. Mockingjay, which comes out in 8 days, is now on the top of my list of books to read. its currently the only one on the list, but that doesn't take away from it being on the top.

i'm sure josh is glad i have nothing to read at the moment. i've always enjoyed reading, but i guess i just don't do it as much as i'd like. but, when i do read...i read, and read, and read, and read, and read...until the book is complete. I have a really hard time doing anything else and thinking of anything else until i've finished the book, so i'm sure this short break has come as a relief to him. my requests for "twenty more minutes" of him watching avery while i read turn into hours sometimes. what a great husband he is for letting me indulge in those books for the last few days. but, its all over....

at least for 8 more days...

7 comments:

Tiffeny said...

I LOVE those books and I can't wait either! I have had Mockingjay on order at Barnes and Noble since April or something!

Stephanie said...

I do that all the time too! After I'm done Rob says "yay! now I get my wife back!" I have yet to even start those books...but maybe they should go on the top of my list.

Liese said...

I have been counting down for months! I cannot wait for this book!!!!

Tiffeny said...

378 E 1600 S
Orem, UT 84058-7907

(801) 225-0557

I just went to whitepages.com. I don't have any more information than that but you could call her if you have any more problems.

Tiffeny said...

It's Leah Higbee. That's probably essential. Sorry I didn't think of that!

Delia said...

Oooh...thanks for the book recommendations. I am always looking for a good one.

Tyrel said...

I am glad you liked the series! I just looked up online to see when Mockingjay was coming out too. I can't wait. Its sad that my poor kids get ignored while I read.