Thursday, July 29, 2010

So I don't think I even left the house today. Sad, I know. I did step out the front door for a few minutes to watch the rain with Josh and Avery. That counts for something, right? Maybe not. I did, however, take some pictures of Avery! I'll post a few of them tomorrow. They didn't turn out as cute as I would've liked. She was kinda cranky. I'm going to make another attempt tomorrow and hopefully they'll turn out better. She hates wearing her headbands and flowers/bows lately for some reason so that was a struggle during our photo shoot. Eventually I just gave up and put a little ponytail in her hair, but she wouldn't hold still long enough for me to get it right. So pretty much it was a huge mess.

This week I've been in a cooking mood. I call myself the chef. Josh has helped too so I guess I can't take all the glory. Sunday Josh grilled the steaks while I made twice baked potatoes and asparagus. I don't remember what happened on Monday so I must not have made anything. Tuesday I made spaghetti with whole wheat pasta and a creamy sausage marinara sauce with garlic bread. Wednesday was my sister's birthday so she requested french toast. I decided to try a new recipe and found a cream cheese stuffed french toast recipe online. So I made that with a raspberry sauce and buttermilk syrup. Tonight I felt like chicken so I made cheese and asparagus stuffed chicken with seasoned potatoes on the side. I must say they were all delicious.

Josh starts his new job in a few days! It is going to be weird not having him at home with me. It has been so nice to have him around. It has made life with a baby a lot easier than most moms have it. If I've ever needed a break or a nap he has been home to watch Avery. If I needed to run to the store he has been home to watch Avery. If I wanted to go somewhere with my mom or sister he has been home to watch Avery. I'll admit I've had it pretty easy. Its going to be a big change, but its what we've been waiting for so we are excited.

Oh dear, look at the time. I told myself I was going to be in bed at eleven and its already a quarter to midnight...I am trying to train myself to go to bed earlier...better luck tomorrow. GN

1 comment:

Delia said...

That food sounds delish! Yum.

I have those days too when I realize at the end of the day that I didn't go anywhere and it seems like I didn't do anything...but I am dog tired and I was on my feet all day.