Saturday, July 17, 2010

sleep

Sleep. I love to sleep. I am one of those people who could probably sleep all day and sleep just fine through the night. I can fall asleep practically anywhere, assuming it provides even the slightest hint of comfort. SO not only do I love to sleep, I'm pretty dang good at it.

Parenthood is like anti-sleep.

I wouldn't change having Avery...but I miss my sleep.

She actually has been a great little sleeper. Until recently.

Before our trip she slept in her crib through the night. Now anytime I put her in her crib she screams and cries. She refuses to lay down and just looks over the rail with her sad, big, blue eyes. If we are lucky and she doesn't wake up, the luck doesn't last long. She's been waking up a couple hours into the night and unlike before our trip doesn't put herself back to sleep. We find her standing in her crib crying, again looking over the rail with her tear filled baby blues.

So against what we are probably supposed to do...we give in. We pull her into bed with us, let her crawl around a bit, and when she seems tired again help her go back to sleep.

But, even that doesn't guarantee a full night's sleep. And if we actually do get to sleep till morning its in the most uncomfortable positions so we don't disturb her.

I know going on long vacations are hard for babies and can disturb their sleep cycles. But, it is taking her forever to get back to her normal routine!

And I guess it doesn't help that she has a horrible cough sometimes that wakes her at night.

Maybe she's teething.

Maybe she's becoming scared of the dark.

Maybe she's having separation anxiety.

Who really knows?

All I know is I hope we can get it resolved for her sake, as well as mine.

1 comment:

Aliesha said...

I feel for you! Lach went through a stage like that. Just hang in there, it will get better eventually... :)