Friday, October 23, 2009

Our NOT so Good Mornings...

It's all part of the whole parenting list of things that are just bound to happen. I'm sure all those parents out there can add something to the list. Ya know, things babies do that we'd rather them not. Like spitting up. Like crying for no reason. Like pooping what seems to be every five seconds. But, its okay, its part of the parenting gig and I'm okay with that. What I wish my little Avery would do is keep it all confined to decent hours of the day. I know its not gonna happen but I just feel the need to blog about it. It started yesterday. What seemed to be a perfectly normal EARLY morning feeding turned out to be a big poopy mess. I change Avery's diaper mid-feeding to keep her from getting too sleepy (or to wake her up from falling asleep while eating). This particular morning (or what I still consider the middle of the night because its still dark outside) she was abnormally alert so I continued to feed her longer than I normally would before changing her diaper. Oh, how I wish I would have stuck to my normal routine. I'm sure you've guessed it by now. She pooped and it somehow escaped from her not even full diaper and ran down my stomach onto my pajama pants and boppy. Good morning mommy! During our EARLY (middle of the night to me) morning feeding today we finished strong with no poop on me! yay! I thought I was victorious when out of nowhere while I was burping Avery she spit up. Now this was no ordinary spit up. It covered my left shoulder, my right shoulder, my entire stomach and...half of my face. No burp rag could have absorbed in entirety this particular spit up. Good morning mommy! Aren't babies so fun? Seriously though, even with all the dirty messes at odd hours of the night, Avery is still the cutest little baby. So wish us luck as another morning approaches....

2 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

Ha ha...oh no. I am sorry Kyla. It is funny how it happens at the worst times...early in the morning when you just want to go back to bed right after, when you are out in public - you ran out of wipes and had forgotten your burp rag, when you are flying...etc. I feel for you.

Breanne said...

It's a good thing they're cute, or else it would be a lot harder to deal with all of the bodily fluids all the time. :)

It doesn't last forever, and before you know it you'll be sleeping through the night again. Good luck!