I had my 38 week check up yesterday. Baby is still head down and I am measuring right on schedule. I am dilated 3 cm which is progress from last week so hopefully it means this little boy is going to come soon. If he doesn't come on his own before May 7th my Dr is going to schedule me for an induction. Part of me would like to experience going into labor on my own, but given the choice I decided I'd rather be induced if it doesn't happen on its own. So we'll see what happens....
This pregnancy my perinatologist has had me get an ultrasound every 6 weeks to check on baby and his growth due to my family history and previous pre-eclampsia with Avery. So I had my last one this morning. He finally gave us a little peek of his face! Every other ultrasound he is either in a weird position that we can't see his face at all or he is covering it with his hand or foot. But, for two seconds today he moved his hand for us to get a picture! Isn't he cute? :)
Last night Josh and I went on a tour of the hospital {mercy gilbert}. I delivered Avery there, but I thought it would be nice to have a little refresher. And since I had an unusual experience with Avery it was nice to be reminded of where to go if I do happen to go into labor on my own. The hospital is fairly new but has had a couple changes from my last delivery there. My favorite change is what they call "nap time." If you don't know, I am a huge fan of naps. I LOVE them. So to have a time of day designated as nap time is like a dream come true. Now I know it doesn't necessarily mean I will be getting a nap during that time since I'll have a newborn, but just the thought of it is great. It is from 3-5pm and it just means that the nurses or other hospital staff won't be bothering us during that time unless we request them to come in our room. Awesome, right? Another thing the hospital does which is nice is called tea time. The senior citizens who volunteer there come around before nap time and pass out little danishes and tea. I don't drink tea, but it is still a nice little perk the hospital offers. Oh, and all the rooms are equipped with skype. This is new since Avery. Even if they did have it with Avery I wouldn't have wanted to do it because I was so swollen from my pre-eclampsia. So we'll see how it goes this time.
I had my baby shower this last Tuesday. I didn't get any pictures. Oops. I got mostly clothes and diapers.
Well, I hope my next post is announcing baby boy {who is still nameless BTW}, but if not I will post about my 39 week check up next week.





No comments:
Post a Comment