Thursday, March 8, 2012

More prayers...

Well, first let me give you an update on baby boy...and me. We are surviving. Haha. I have been pretty stressed and anxious about stuff (coming below) so I think it has made me start to have quite a few more contractions than before. Some are super strong and painful and some are not. Last night was the worst so far, but with a little rest, relaxation and large amounts of water I usually can get them to calm down. I probably could have gone to the ER because they were so bad, but I had my normal Dr appointment today so I just held out. They eventually subsided and things were pretty normal this morning. I mentioned it to my OB just to be safe and she hooked me up to be monitored for a bit. Nothing too abnormal. She is sending me in for an ultrasound in a couple weeks just to be sure everything is all good. Baby boy's heart rate was a little low today as well when she checked so being hooked to the monitor thingy was comforting to see that it was just how he was positioned or something. He is super strong when he moves around and jabs my ribs ALL the time. It is quite painful. I really think I may end up with a broken rib before he is born.

Avery is up next. She had her well child check up the other day and she is doing great! We switched Dr's and for the first time she didn't cry when the Dr tried to examine her. She doesn't like strangers. But, she was such a good girl! The Dr was impressed with how smart she was. She is in the 75th percentile for her height and weight. Next step...potty training.

And last, but not least, Josh. This is where all my stress and anxiety comes from. A few weeks ago Josh had some blood work done and an MRI. The Dr said she would call us if anything abnormal came back...we got a call the next day. We went in to meet with her and she told us that he has a rare pituitary macroadenoma (large tumor). We were set up to see a neurosurgeon and met with him on Monday. He said surgery was the best treatment option and explained the surgery, risks, recovery, and everything in between. Since I am having a baby within the next 10 weeks they said they would try to fit us in before then. We figured it would be the end of March or beginning of April. The surgery scheduler called us and said she had him down for next Wednesday. NEXT WEDNESDAY! We definitely were totally shocked. I am still shocked that this is all happening so fast. But, more than that I am glad it is happening next week. I can't imagine waiting for weeks, even months, to get this taken care of. I can barely get to sleep at night because I just keep thinking about it all (on top of being super uncomfortable and in pain at times).

I am sure its hard for other people to handle this type of thing, but adding pregnancy to the mix has not been easy. I think we are doing pretty good with it all. Josh more so than me. So once again I ask for your prayers. For Josh, for me, and for his surgeon (who we hear is one of THE best in the world).

2 comments:

Two Little Mittons said...

Our family is having a rough time. That seems so scary. We will pray everything goes perfectly. I'm glad they got him in so early!

Ashley said...

It's hard to be a grown up:/ Thoughts and prayers for you and your family... Miss you lady:)
Love,
ash