Friday, February 5, 2010

Sick Baby :(

Well, Avery is sick for the first time in her life. A few days ago she started to play and pull on her ear and then a bit after she started to have a really bad cough. She also started to wheeze a little bit while she breathed and we found out her cousins (who come over and play frequently) have bronchitis so we decided it was time to see the Dr. We got an appointment for yesterday afternoon and all morning she was the saddest looking baby because she didn't feel well. We packed her up for the Dr and as soon as she got out of the car seat in our room at the Dr's she was the happiest, unsick looking baby I've ever seen. She didn't cough while we were there and she wasn't wheezing anymore. But, she still did have a slight fever and the Dr found that she had an ear infection and just a really bad cold. She is on antibiotics for her infection and I wish that I could do something for her cold. It's so sad! We are using a humidifier so hopefully that helps her not to cough so much at night anymore. Any other suggestions?

2 comments:

Delia said...

Bummer. I hope she gets better soon!

Ashley said...

Saline drops for infants... if she is congested and let it sit and then use the hospital nose sucker if she is congested... Also... taking her in the bathroom when you shower... I even would put Colton in the shower with me and that always seemed to help... Little Noses is the name of the saline drops... Hope that this helps:) Avery is beautiful Kyla!!!