Wow! I can't believe how fast time is flying...it is already the middle of February and my third trimester is just around the corner. Overall, I am still feeling pretty good! Yay! Except after I cook and clean and chase a toddler all day...okay, so I guess I am feeling not so good after all. But, nothing compared to last pregnancy so I am just fine with my minor backaches, sciatic nerve pains that come and go, and tons of braxton hicks contractions. Last pregnancy I had major back pain and was swollen everywhere by now so I can't complain.
I did my glucose tolerance test this week. I don't know why so many think it is the worst thing ever because I rather enjoy it. I hoped for the orange flavor (because that's what I had last time and I liked it), but I was given the fruit punch flavor. And let me tell you what...SOO much better! I have my regular OB appointment on Monday so hopefully she'll have the results and hopefully everything is looking good.
We had another ultrasound a couple days ago. I love ultrasounds! I wish I could have one once a week to catch a glimpse of my handsome little man. This time he was head down and faced towards my back so we didn't get to see his cute face very well. We did all his measurements and I turned from side and side trying to get him to move but he wouldn't budge. He is measuring in the 75th percentile at 2 lbs. 8 oz. Hopefully, we'll get to have another ultrasound before he makes his debut!
Avery is getting smarter and smarter everyday. She has definitely mastered the art of trying to get what she wants. Here are her four tactics: 1. "But, mommy, you're my friend." This is the newest addition to her persuasive tactics. If I say I don't want to do something or tell her not to do something she'll pull this one out. And her facial expression with it...how could anyone say no?! 2. "But it's gonna be fun!" This is her go to phrase when I tell her I don't want to do something. 3. "No, you're not ______ (fill in the blank)." As an example, if I tell her I am tired so we have to go to bed she tells me I am not tired. Or if I tell her it is time to eat lunch because I am hungry, she will tell me I am not hungry. The list goes on. 4. "I will not run, I will hold hands." LIES! She tells me what I want to hear. This generally happens when we are out shopping and she wants to get out of the cart or her stroller. I refuse to take her shopping by myself.
Josh is just working away. He went to the Phoenix Open last week and followed two of his favorite golfers...they happen to be golfing in the same group so it worked out well. I am not a HUGE golf fan but I do enjoy watching golf (only in person) with Josh. But, Avery is not quite trained in golf etiquette so we let him go without us. He had a blast so I am glad he got to go.
And for my most recent fun/random news...I bought a groupon for laser hair removal! I am going to try it out on my armpits. I don't have abnormally hairy pits, but shaving them is just such a hassle and at 27 I am already tired of it. I have to wait till after I give birth so I will let you know in May/June when the process is going to start. Anyone have any experiences with laser hair removal?
Mesh Market Crochet Bag – Free Pattern
3 weeks ago





1 comment:
Hi Kyla! I am glad this pregnancy is going better.
I wanted to discuss laser hair removal with you (:
I am getting my legs and arms done. I bought a groupon as well and I wanted my half leg done...well if you did the half leg you got the half arm done as well (That is the only reason why I am shaving my arms now lol).
The arms are going great. The lasers don't hurt and I can tell the hair is thinning.
The legs are a different thing. I have super coarse black leg hair (yummy, right?) and the lasers are so painful. My whole body jolts when the laser zaps the hair. I have noticed they my hair is blotchy (meaning in some places the hair isn't growing anymore). Also the nasty coarse hair is thinning.
I have 2 more sessions until I am finished (2 out of 6). I am excited to see the end results.
I am excited for you to get your armpits done. That sounds delightful to not have to shave! I bet the lasers won't even hurt since most people have pretty thin hair under their arms. Also, it is such a small area, it will go by super duper fast.
Hooray for less hair!
P.s sorry this was such a long comment.
Post a Comment